Eduardo Cervantes is Technical Director of the meat quality and processing rooms workshop at LPN 2023.
Born in Barranquilla, Colombia. Industrial engineer with 44 years of experience in poultry processing and related areas. The last 23 years as a consultant.
Eduardo Cervantes is an expert in productivity improvement - quality, yield and cost - with a focus on micromanagement to reduce integral waste with innovation.
Long experience as a consultant
The work is developed with the following methodology when visiting processing plants and farms:
- Problems are detected - Opportunities for improvement - Opportunities for improvement - Problems are detected - Opportunities for improvement - Problems are identified.
- Explanation to those responsible of the reason for their origin
- Explanation of the aspects of anatomy and physiology of the birds involved in each of the slaughter stages
- Incremental and disruptive solutions are proposed that are characterized by: Simplicity, economy, ease of commissioning, and efficiency.
Furthermore, it is emphasized for those involved - administrative and operational staff - in these tasks the importance of having adequate ergonomic and industrial safety conditions so that they can perform their activities with the management criterion "Less is More Productivity and Profitability".
One of the basic premises to guarantee a long permanence in a very dynamic and competitive market.
International presence and history
Invited speaker at:
- Central and Latin American Congresses, Atlanta Fair (USA)
- Universities of Texas A&M 2008 and Georgia (USA) 2009 - 2018
- aviForum (Madrid - 2016, 2018 and Madrid - 2022)
- Cargill (Spain), 2019
- Latin America Production & Nutrition - LPN (Miami), 2021
- The concepts expressed are supported by research conducted by prestigious professionals recognized worldwide, which are applied in a practical way in this final part of the broiler business.
- More than 200 articles have been written in five Latin American magazines: Mexico, Panama, Ecuador and Brazil, and two European magazines: AviNews (Spain) and Poultry International (England).
- Organizer of five International Seminars on Broiler Processing Management - Barranquilla, Colombia 2012, 2014 - 2016 - Panama. 2018, Cartagena 2022.
- Author of five (5) books on Poultry Processing. - El Pollo, paso a paso su procesamiento industrial - Cómo alcanzar el Grado A - Itinerario del Control de Calidad - Gerencia Productiva - Aspectos que afectan la Calidad, Inocuidad y el Rendimiento: Tomos 1 y 2.
- Currently working on No. 6, which will be bilingual. Consultant in 16 countries in Latin America, Spain and Malaysia, totaling 110 companies.
"Poultry farming has established itself as the most nutritious and economical animal protein in the world, to meet the growing demand of a population that continues to grow. For this reason, we have decided with this third LPN-Miami, to position ourselves as the most complete Mega-Event and with a permanent vision of the future that allows us to endure in time, the participants will be able to interact freely with a panel of luxury Directors and Speakers, whose topics to be discussed are framed within a conceptual combination and their respective practical application, showing the effectiveness in improving results.".